November 7-17 (night of November 6 at Miami hotel) - Registration Closed
December 1-11 (night of November 30 at Miami hotel) - 9 places available
November 7-17, 2018 (night of November 9 at Miami hotel) - register by June 15, 2018
December 1-11, 2018 (night of November 30 at Miami hotel) - register by July 10, 2018
We enter Cuba with a Religious Activities visa sponsored through the Cuban Council of Churches. This is a unique opportunity to experience Cuba and her people.
As with other GATE programs, you will learn about:
- The Cuban Revolution and how it has impacted families and the country
- The effect of the decades-old blockade on the country
- The high priority given to education and healthcare for all
- Recent efforts at organic food production
- The value given to the arts in people's lives
Other programmed activities include:
- A guided tour of the Bay of Pigs Museum
- A visit to a highly specialized neurological center
- An ecological preserve
- A late afternoon visit to the former DuPont home
- An opportunity to interact with children at a school
- A presentation on current Cuban family life
- A presentation on the Cuban system of government
- Time at a Cuban Art Museum
- Time in Old Havana and handicraft and art market
- Families who own their own restaurants
- A music or dance performance
- and more!
Program fees: $2,500.00 (includes cost of visa)
Registration fees: $100.00 with completed registration form
Charter flight plus required Cuban health insurance: $469.00 (from December 2016)
Hotel cost in Miami and personal money for souvenirs etc. is not included.
The program fee includes all meals in Cuba, in-country transportation, translation, tips. Many in the previous groups opted for travel insurance in case of plane delays. This is your own choice. Many in the previous GATE groups opted to stay in a Miami hotel the night of our return from Havana. We have a morning flight from Miami to Havana, and a morning flight from Havana to Miami. The time of your connecting flights home would determine the need, or not, of an extra night in Miami.
Lodging in Cuba is in Havana and Matanzas.
While the program fee to Cuba is higher than most GATE programs, I have done a comparison search of other groups who travel to Cuba. Here are some samples:
A national magazine has advertised:
$5,855.00 for an 8-day period in Cub
$5,980.00 for an 8-day period in Cuba
A national organization has advertised:
$5,770.00 + $380.00 group air travel from Miami-Havana-Miami for 7 days
$5,865.00 + $430.00 group air travel from Miami-Havana-Miami
*Charter flight costs vary by the month
Join us for this unique opportunity to meet our Cuban neighbors! As with all GATE programs, we do not go as tourists. All participants will be receiving a religious visa to enter the country. This does not mean that the focus of the program is church buildings, but rather Cuban people who work to improve life for their brothers and sisters.
Please contact GATE (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and/or a registration form Given the advance time needed for visa work as well as group plane reservations from Miami to Havana to Miami, now is the time to register. With so many changes being made in Washington, we do not know how long it may be possible for American citizens to travel to Cuba. Contact us today and register!
Only a few spaces available, click here for registration.